At 2014 ALK has formed European Accounting Centre located in Kraków. Now as ALK GBSC, with 64 FTE Polish unit is running 8 business lines across company global operations like IT, Accounting, Sales & Marketing, HR, Compliance, Commercial Excellence and Controlling.
- Working in collaboration with both IT and line of business, you will support, administrate and develop our database installations used across the company. You will primarily be working with MS SQL Server, but Oracle databases are also in our portfolio.
- There will be a wide range of tasks from administration, installation, monitoring, support and security patching, to advanced troubleshooting and performance tuning as well as documentation, compliance and data handling.
- You will also be involved in establishing data archiving solutions and database inventory, as well as audit procedures and access review and control.
- We are looking for a proactive person, ready to take responsibility and you will need good collaboration skills in addition to your technical expertise.
- You will join an IT team with a database architect, as well as application, server, network and security experts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and configure new SQL Servers (Stand-alone, AlwaysOn AG, Mirroring, Azure, …)
- Maintain current database infrastructure (~200 servers) including life cycle management
- Monitor, detect and troubleshoot outages and performance issues
- Ensure backup and backup test, complying with set RPO and RTO.
- Configure and use monitoring utilities (SCOM, custom scripts)
- Data handling (migration between servers, upgrades and retirements)
- Close collaboration with DB architect, application admins, users and external consultants
- Perform pro-active suggestions for improvements
- Oracle database administration and monitoring
- Document the company’s database environment, including creation and handling of database inventory
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience on SQL administration on virtual environments (VMWare)
- Proactive, service oriented and capable of taking responsibility
- Advantages, but not required:
- MCSA SQL or another database related certification
- Experience in Oracle database administration
- Experience in VMWare/Windows administration and monitoring
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
- Developing experience, especially in SQL scripts
- Experience with compliance processes and documentation
ALK GBSC provides a uniquely dynamic and pleasant work environment, complete with inspiring and challenging assignments. The results of your efforts will be significant throughout the organization and you will be able to actively influence and challenge the status quo. Our flat structures attract independent individuals who like to feel the progress of the business and enjoy being close to the decision-making process. You will be part of an engaged and informal team who values skill and knowledge creation. We consider our pioneering spirit coupled with our trustworthiness our winning formula. ALK GBSC offers a safe and healthy work space in a modern office (Aleja Pokoju 1) that features the best of Danish design, including an open floorplan, wooden flooring, stand-up desks, a chill-out room and a fully-equipped kitchen with the best view in Cracow. As an employer ALK GBSC offer the kind of generous and competitive benefits package you would expect, including standard features such as a Multisport card, private medical care and life insurance, as well as extras that include a Sodexo card, company bikes, holiday donations, Christmas vouchers, iPhones for all employees, flexible working hours, and an additional day off on your birthday.
More information on our website: https://www.alk.net/pl/node/99166