Would you like to make an impact on improving the quality of life of millions suffering from allergic diseases?
ALK is looking for a talented, passionate Research Scientist to work in the Immunology Department of Translational Research. The Immunology Department comprises human in-vitro and mouse in-vivo immunology and has eight team members.
In this position, you will participate in research focused on allergic diseases and the mode of action of allergen specific Immunotherapy. You will be part of a high-performing team and will have the possibility of making a significant impact within discovery immunology. The position plays a key role in the ALK Global Research. The more we learn, the better we can offer and select the right treatment for people with allergy.
- You will be expected to work both independently and as part of cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams on several projects within Global Research
- In your everyday work life, you will be working closely with the scientists and technicians within the Immunology Department and the rest of Global Research
- With hands on experience of T-cell and B-cell biology, your key scientific responsibility will be to design, implement and perform experimentation within ex-vivo and in-vitro human cell-based immunological studies
- You will be employing state-of-art techniques like Flow Cytometry, single cell transcriptomics, Glomax, Fluorospot, Multiplex based cytokine analysis in order to measure the activation and differentiation of immune cells
- Maintain a strong work ethic for generating high quality data, processing it, and presenting it to internal and cross-functional teams comprised of multiple stakeholders
- Properly document study reports in electronic laboratory notebooks in compliance with ALK's policy
- Stay updated with cutting-edge scientific developments in the field
- You will have the right mindset to thrive in an energetic and highly collaborative environment
With your expertise, you will be further strengthening our experimental research platform with novel, state-of-the-art human in-vitro and ex-vivo approaches. Through collaborations with academia, we strive to be cutting-edge in our research and at the same time relevant to ALK's core business.
- Ph.D. in immunology
- Preferably at least two years of post-doctoral experience or similar in immunology/cell biology research
- Experience within food allergy, asthma and inflammation, and documented publications in peer reviewed journals would be an advantage
- You have the ability to plan, execute and analyse human in-vitro and ex-vivo studies in cellular immunology in order to understand immunological properties of vaccine candidates, biomarkers and mode of action
- Experience in T-cell and B-cell biology - immune cell phenotyping, activation assays, cytokine detection would be a clear advantage
- Expertise in single cell transcriptomics is preferred
- Experience with state-of-art techniques like Luminex platform (MSD, Magpix), Multi-Color Flow Cytometry would be an advantage
- Basic understanding of statistics and experience with handling and interpreting large data sets is an absolute advantage
- Good scientific ability demonstrated by a track record of publications
- An open, proactive person with a collaborative mindset, excellent presentation skills and flair for working in cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills are required.
ALK provides a uniquely dynamic and pleasant work environment, complete with inspiring and challenging assignments. With our new strategy being launched, we aim to become the world leaders in allergy to help the allergy patients to the best. The results of your efforts will be significant throughout the organisation and you will be able to actively influence and challenge the status quo. Our flat structures attract independent individuals who like to feel the progress of the business and enjoy being close to the decision-making process. You will be part of an engaged and informal team who values skill and knowledge creation. We consider our pioneering spirit coupled with our trustworthiness our winning formula. ALK is a health-focused organisation and our offices offer a green view of the DTU Scion science park in Hørsholm.
For further information on the position please contact Shashank Gupta, Manager and Head of Immunology, Translational Research, Global Research, ALK A/S, Bøge Alle 1, Hørsholm, Denmark: Mobile (+45) 41959062.
How to apply
Please click on apply and kindly remember to attach a letter of motivation and CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Application deadline: 10th August 2021