ALK is looking for a Medical Doctor to join the Global Medical Affairs team as Global Medical Affairs Manager in the Company Headquarters.
ALK is the world leading pharmaceutical company within the field of allergy. ALK is devoted to improving the lives of people with allergies by developing products that target the underlying cause of allergy. At ALK, we are pioneering the development of a range of tablet-based immunotherapy products, and setting new standards for evidence-based treatment decision-making within the field of respiratory allergic disease.
The principle responsibilities of the position are to secure a sound medico-clinical basis for clinical positioning and medical communication; to drive medical education from a patient and professional perspective; and to give medical input to marketing and reimbursement strategies. Your key focus areas will be to (1) develop new tools and services for health care professionals and patients to encourage timely and successful allergy treatment, (2) establish our current and future adrenaline products for emergency self-administration as the preferred choice, and (3) support marketed allergy immunotherapy products. A key criterion to achieving these goals is through establishing and maintaining dialogue with health care professionals and scientific experts. In summary, the position offers a unique opportunity to add value to early- and late-stage products, and involves in-depth understanding of prescriber and patient behaviour.
The Global Medical Affairs Manager belongs to a team of medical and science experts who work closely with other highly professional and specialised people within marketing, clinical development, health economics, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, and the affiliates.
From a position in our Global Marketing office located in Hørsholm, Denmark, you will work closely with ALK affiliates and partners, Global Research & Development, and the Global Marketing Department.
Field of responsibility
- Obtain, interpret, and apply guidance from medical and scientific experts
- Provide pivotal medical scientific input and informed opinion to the allergy clinical development pipeline
- Plan, drive, and coordinate the global publication strategy
- Plan, drive, and coordinate international symposia content and faculty management
- Provide clarity on complex medical and scientific enquiries
- Review and provide input to scientific abstracts, posters, and full publications
- Develop and deliver product-specific and product-related medical education to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, and/or review and approve medical communications to external stakeholders in accordance with international guidelines
- Be a strategic partner within an interdisciplinary project team
- Your target audiences include management, product and commercial managers, pharmaceutical research and development specialists, and external stakeholders comprising primarily scientists, physicians, nurses, and patients.
- Medical doctor
- Strong clinical and/or research background, with experience within the field of allergy and/or respiratory medicine
- At least 5 years work experience, preferably with at least 2 years within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience delivering presentations at major scientific meetings
- Progressive mind-set, with ability to balance commercial and medical needs
- Goal-oriented and strong personal drive
- Ability to solve problems and deliver on short deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, and be comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a larger team
- Ability to work in multinational and multicultural teams comprising highly competent colleagues with different skill sets
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- An interesting and challenging position with opportunities to develop professionally as well as personally
- An international and highly dynamic environment
- Highly motivated colleagues with a strong team spirit
- Being part of creating the future within allergy treatment.
If you would like any additional information on this position, please contact: Dr Christopher Burton, Head of Global SLIT-tablet Medical Affairs on mobile (+45) 61911183.
How to apply
Please click on apply and kindly remember to attach a letter of motivation and CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you.